Friday, June 20, 2014

Day Three

I spent the last few hours wandering around my neighborhood and it was eerie. I didn't go far. I didn't want leave in case my wife called. The neighborhood was... empty. No noise at all. Even all the yappy dogs were gone.

I pounded on all the doors on my block, but no one answered. I didn't even hear a plane in the sky. Not from the air force base or the airport. It's like the whole world froze in time.

At least I still have electricity. I called every number in my phone. Some went to voice mail. Most gave me a message about not being able to connect.

When I dialed my wife it rang and I got excited thinking she would answer. It eventually went to voice mail as well. Still, it was good just to hear her voice, even if it was just a recording.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll drive around a bit, see if I can find someone.

Again, if anyone is reading this, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment