Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day Eleven

I saw someone today! I’m sure of it!

I went back to the strip. Not sure why. But when I was walking around inside the Mirage, there was someone there.

Not sure if it was a man or a woman because I never got that close. When I first saw them, I froze. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It has been over a week since I have seen another living person.

I didn’t want to scare them – like me, they could be carrying a gun – so I called out. I know they saw me when they turned my way, but for some reason they ran. I tried to give chase, but my leg still hurts. I was limping more than running by the time I got to the other side of the room.

They had vanished.

I called and called, and searched the area for at least two hours, but all I found was more rooms filled with emptiness.

It could have been my imagination. I’m not taking anything for granted at this point – not even the possibility that I am going insane. But I have to believe it was more than just a shadow across an empty room. I have to believe that or I surely will go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment