Friday, June 27, 2014

Day Ten

The Internet went out sometime last night – great job Cox! Thank God I still have electricity. And I can still access the Internet on my phone. Or what is left of it. I now receive more 404 page not found errors than actual web pages.

HA! That should have been Verizon’s slogan. “Even after the end of the Human race, Verizon’s network will still be working hard for you!”

I stayed inside all day today blasting music. I think it was a bad idea. I am beginning to suspect that the Silence is not something to taunt. It kept calling. The louder I turned up the music, the louder my cell phone’s ring became. Turning off the phone became an exercise in futility as the damn thing kept turning itself back on. More than once I thought about destroying it. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Even though I knew she was not calling, seeing my wife’s name on the display… it felt comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment